This standing cable row exercise is very similar to the bent over barbell row in the sense that a lot of the same techniques apply. The rope version makes a great finisher to your back routine after your heavy lifts have been completed.
- Hook the rope attachment on the pulley and slide it towards the bottom of the crossover machine.
- While using a neutral hand grip to grasp the rope, bend over slightly at the knees and waist while maintaining spinal alignment.
- Exhale and initiate the movement by retracting the shoulder blades, then flex the arms and draw the hands towards your midsection. Briefly hold the contracted position.
- Inhale, extend arms and lower the rope back to starting position.
- Repeat until desired number of repetitions are completed.
Standing further away from the pulley system will cause you to pull the rope across the body as well as upwards. This modified technique draws additional recruitment from the lats.