All you need to perform this exercise is a barbell and a V-handle attachment.. Oh, and weights of course. The minimal equipment requirement makes T-bar rows great for home-based programs. It’s a compound movement so it’s great for both fat burning and adding lean muscle. The only downside to the exercise is that beginners may find it difficult to properly execute.
How To Do V-Handle Rows
- Place one end of an Olympic bar in a secure area to prevent side to side movement. Example: in a corner between the walls.
- Position the bar between your legs and place the V-shaped attachment around the bar. Slightly bend your knees, bend over at the hips and keep your back flat.
- Exhale, retract shoulder blades and pull hands in towards your stomach region until the weight gently touches the chest.
- Inhale and allow arms to move back into extension at a controlled speed.
- Repeat until the desired number of repetitions are completed.
A similar movement can be done by using one arm at a time. For this variation, you’ll need to stand with both feet on either side of the bar.